Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's still running

I called my dad yesterday when the washer died. I had a load of laundry in there and the drum was full of water and detergent and fabric softener and what-have-you. I asked if I could bring over the load of laundry after I figured out how to drain the thing and wash that load in his washing machine. Of course he said yes (he lives three blocks from us) and about 10 minutes later he pulled up in the driveway. I was scooping water out of the machine with a cup (the bucket was too big to fit) and was also in the middle of work. He took over the scooping and told me to go type and he would take care of it. Caleb helped with the scooping. My dad is a patient man.

After he got it drained he fiddled around with it for a while and got it running again! Yay Dad! I have no idea what he did to it or how long it will run, but it runs. That's all I care about right now. Five people can generate a surprising amount of laundry.

I got a list of approved orthodontia providers from the insurance company. Neither of the orthodontists that our dentist recommended are on there, but the orthodontist that Sarah's friend Lara sees is. She likes him a lot, and his office is about five minutes from our house, so I'm calling this morning to make Sarah an appointment. The money aspect still freaks me out a little, but Brent said we will use his cost of living bonus this year to cover at least part of it. We were going to use the money to buy a second car, but Sarah's teeth are more important. I also found out that he, for some God inspired reason, upgraded our dental insurance this year (thank you Lord) so we will end up with approximately $1000 covered by insurance. We have around $1000 cash to put down, and then with his cost of living bonus next month we should be in relatively good shape. God provides. God provides. God provides.

I think I'm being tested. I hope I pass.

No comments: