Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I Love Summer!

The girls and I canned eight quarts of pickles last night, four quarts of garlic dill pickles, and four quarts of volcano pickles (Brent's favorite). We need to go back to the farmer's market this weekend for another peck of pickling cucumbers, and hopefully we can get to the orchard for peaches too. My kids love home canned peaches.

I absolutely love the farmer's market and all of the homegrown fruit and veg we can buy. I polished off an entire watermelon all by myself in the span of two or three days last week. I think Caleb might have eaten a slice or two but the rest was all me. I'm glad fruit is good for me.

Today I had a banana and a kiwi, later I had some fresh pineapple and blueberries, and I just now had more watermelon. I think that given the chance I could live on fruit (with the occasional tomato and avocado thrown in).

My friend Jude sent me some English tea and it's really good. I love hot tea with lemon.

I need to figure out what I'm making for dinner and get cracking.

No comments: