Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Kid Needs Braces, Dogs Have Fleas

Sarah is at the dentist right now. She was so nervous before she left, even though I told her they're not going to do anything to her today. Of course one day notice wasn't enough for either Brent or I to get off of work to take her, but luckily my dad was more than willing. I don't know what I'd do without him, honestly. I hope whatever they find out, that she is still able to go to the University of Michigan opener this Saturday with Brent. She will be crushed if she has to miss it.

I know the dentist is going to tell me that Sarah needs braces. Our dental coverage is crap so we haven't been able to afford to do it thus far. I think we are going to have to bite the bullet and trust God to provide the money. I have been awake since 2:30 a.m. worrying about this whole tooth situation. Luckily Emma and Caleb have my teeth and won't require braces. Sarah was cursed with Brent's side of the family's genes and their small palates and crooked teeth. Poor kid.

I bought some new tea from Yogi Teas, lemon ginger. Wow, it is so good. I love tea and I always add lots of lemon, so this is right up my alley. It's supposed to be good for digestive health too, which I can always use.

Too much coffee and soda lately. Gotta drink more water. Brent bought me more watermelon (bless him) and some organic avocados that I could just devour all at once if I had a little less self-control. Sprinkled with a little sea salt and squirted with lime juice, so yum.

Oh, and the dogs have fleas. Yay. I ordered Advantix through 1-800-PetMeds and got them treated. Beau was treated first and he is fine. The other two dogs' meds came today and I just put it on them so hopefully we can get the fleas killed off quickly. Why are those teeny little vials of medicine so darned expensive?!! It was $50+ a piece for that stuff, but I guess if it keeps my house from becoming infested it's worth it.

Update: Sarah is back from the dentist and her problem is NOT her wisdom teeth. The wisdom teeth are fine and are coming in with no problems. The pain is from the misalignment of her teeth and inappropriate bite. It's so far off that it's causing her teeth to loosen and hurt. Yikes. Brent is going to find out who is on our approved list of providers and then we will make an appointment for her ASAP. We need to start praying for financial provision now. God has always made a way and I don't expect He will start letting us down now.

No comments: