Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Slow Work Day, Busy Home Day

I got so much done today! I am always thankful for light work days, especially because they come so few and far between lately. I love to cook and bake and make treats for my husband and children, and I'm pretty sure they love it too.

I made a wonderful Caramel Dip from Tammy's website. As I wrote a couple of weekends ago, we visited the apple orchard and came home with just shy of a bushel of Northern Spy, Granny Smith, and McIntosh apples. We love apples eaten plain or spread with peanut butter or almond butter, and I made the apple pie from last week's blog entry, but we still have a LOT of apples left. Luckily they keep for a long time in a cool, dry place, but I thought the caramel dip might be just the thing to move some more apples along into the children's stomachs!

For dinner tonight I made Spaghetti & Meatballs using a tried and true recipe from Recipezaar. Brent and the children all love it. Last but not least I made another favorite of ours, Amish White Bread, again from Tammy's site. If you haven't visited Tammy's Recipes yet, I encourage you to do so. Some of our best loved recipes have been gleaned from Tammy's site. I visit nearly every day just to read her blog and see what delicious recipe she has added.

I need to get back to work and finish what little typing I have.


No comments: