Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What is going on?!

Broken Dictaphone (yes, again) - $200
Leaky Hot Water Heater - $550 (that's an 'estimate,' they're coming in two hours to install a new one)

This stuff. All of this stuff that falls on us and buries us deep. The horrible things that I see happening to other people right now. This is what makes me question God. Not the existence of God, but why it seems that so much bad stuff happens to good, faithful followers of God. I know He is there. I know that He will provide.

I guess it's like that old quote attributed to Mother Teresa.

UPDATE: The guy is going to bill us for the hot water tank, which is good because they had to put in a lot of new pipe and valves so it's going to cost closer to $700 and we will need time to gather that amount of money. I can't wait to tell Brent.

But on the bright side, we can now flush the toilets, do the laundry, and take showers. Woo!

No comments: