Wednesday, February 14, 2007

We got snow for Valentine's Day!


We ended up with about a foot of snow, some areas got as much as 16 inches with all of the blowing and drifting. Everything is closed today, the libraries, the city offices, everything. It's crazy. It took Brent an hour to shovel out this morning. We are under a level three snow emergency, which means the police can arrest you for driving if you're not considered an emergency person. Of course Brent passes for an emergency person because of his job, so he had to brave the elements and make the 30 mile drive to work today. I think he made it okay. I called his cell but he didn't answer, so I'm taking that as good news.

I loathe all of this snow. The kids tried to keep up with the snowfall yesterday shoveling the driveway, but gave up around 3:00 p.m. They did keep our elderly neighbors' driveway cleared, so that was good.

I got the floor in the hallway done yesterday. A lot of offices were closed by noon, so I had very minimal dictation to type. My next check is going to be small because I'm sure a lot of people will not make it to the offices for appointments today either, especially if the level three emergency stays in effect all day.

I need to prime the walls in the entry way and the hallway today so I can paint them and give them a chance to set before we put up the new trim this weekend.

I know it's Valentine's Day, but we don't really celebrate it. I got a big bunch of tulips last week because Brent felt like buying me flowers. I like him to buy me flowers because he is thinking of me, not because the card and flower companies tell him he should.

I hope Valentine's day was lovely for everyone who does celebrate it.

No comments: